YourStudio is a dynamic and creative design business
working with cult global brands to create cutting edge brand
experiences, from pop-up installations to flagship stores as well
as the longer-term strategies that underpin them.
Our work starts with strategy and insight and flows through design to delivery on some projects, including seeing through built projects on site. We have a portfolio of globally recognised clients who we have built long term relationships with from Airbnb to the Virgin Group and work on projects internationally with our other studio based in Melbourne.
Leading creative projects from concept through to delivery, ensuring that maximum creativity is achieved within the commercial and tangible parameters of the projects at hand.
Your principal role will be to manage interior design projects and co-ordinate members of the team working with you. You will demonstrate the ability to drill down from a client brief to create strong, conceptual work with a clear idea. You will work strategically and with a knowledge of the way we pitch at YourStudio, become fluent with how we contextualise our work with strategy and insights.
You will use different methods to express design thinking from hand sketching and sketch renders to fully detailed CAD work, as well as managing the creation of visualisations and presentations, always with a strategic direction. Our mission is to create award-winning work that inspires and pushes clients, and raises the bar, setting new precedents for experience design.
- Leading a project creatively, meeting client briefs logically and creatively and with business acumen
- Design strategy, analysis and preliminary research
- To structure, prepare and present Keynote documents
- Producing construction documentation and design draeings using Vectorworks
- Following through a client's brief with sensible, clear and well-developed responses
- Strong understanding of client deliverables, and the ability to take responsibility for them, from timings to budgets and vision
- Understand scopes, managing teams to deliver to time allocated
- Manage project documentation, timelines and staff in your team
- Assist with work programming and reporting on project progress, with the ability to give regular progress reports to Directors
- Undertake site inspections and surveys
- Ensure issued information meets regulatory requirements
- Ensure YourStudio's standards of exceptional quality output is met on every project
- Effectivaly manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities, meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Keeping a strong and up-to-date knowledge of materials, furniture, finishes and new concepts associated with the work we deliver to clients
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong technical knowledge of Vectorworks, Cinema 4D and complimentary design packages ie. Adobe Creative Suite
- Ideally an advanced degree in art or design, or a related field
- Several years of experience in a design role with experience leading projects and seeing them through from concept stage to delivery
- Superior conceptual and technical design skills
- Experience leading and managing a team
- Ability to multi-task and consistently hit deadlines
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal, including public speaking
- Deep understanding of creative principles and practices
- Integrity and honesty
Vitality Health Scheme
23 days holiday excluding bank holidays
Friday beers (of course!)
This is a full-time position, based in our Shoreditch studio.
To apply - send your portfolio, CV and cover letter to email@example.com